Step into Fall with the smell of pumpkin, cinnamon, and muffins baked with fresh cranberries. This muffin goes perfectly with a hot cup of coffee, tea or cocoa. I got this recipe from the Ocean Spray website but added a little extra nutmeg and cinnamon and substituted craisins for fresh cranberries.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 table spoon Cranberry Mango juice
1) Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together.
2) In a separate mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, oil, milk molasses and egg.
3) Combine dry ingredents into wet ingredents until moist.
4) Rinse cranberries and pat dry with paper towel. Flour cranberries with two tablespoons of flour. Shake off excess flour and stir cranberries into batter.
5) Fill each muffin cup 2/3 of thw way full with batter. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
6) Remove from muffin pan; cool on a wire rack.