Step into Fall with the smell of pumpkin, cinnamon, and muffins baked with fresh cranberries. This muffin goes perfectly with a hot cup of coffee, tea or cocoa. I got this recipe from the Ocean Spray website but added a little extra nutmeg and cinnamon and substituted craisins for fresh cranberries.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 table spoon Cranberry Mango juice
1) In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together.
2) In a separate mixing bowl, mix together purée pumpkin, oil, milk, molasses and egg with a wired whisk.
3) Combine half of the dry ingredents into wet ingredents until moist then add the other half of the dry ingredients until moist.
4) Rinse cranberries and pat dry with paper towel. Place cranberries in small bowl and flour cranberries with two tablespoons of flour. Shake off excess flour and fold cranberries into batter.
5) Fill each muffin cup 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
6) Remove from muffin pan; cool on a wire rack
Add powdered sugar into small bowl and add juice. Stir with wired whisk until smooth. If desired, add additional juice a 1/2 teaspoon at time until you get your desired consistency. Drizzle over warm muffins.