These toasted coconut cookies are guaranteed to satisfy coconut lovers. The toasted coconut in them really brings out the coconut flavor. I’ve made coconut cookies several times for family and friends. Besides using toasted coconut in the cookies make sure you use “real butter”. Believe me, it makes a difference. Welcome to my kitchen!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed Rice Krispy cereal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspone baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut (toasted)
- Prehead oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread coconut on top. Toast coconut in oven about 10 minutes tossing coconut halfway through cooking time. Set coconut aside and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Add the oatmeal, crushed cereal, and coconut. Mix until combined.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Cookie should be about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies should be light brown at the edges and on the bottom.
- Remove from baking sheets to cool on wired racks.